CGA is inviting industry professionals to mark the 1st anniversary of Ontario’s regulated iGaming market on April 4, 2023. Our one-day program will examine both the success and progress of the market, critical and emerging issues, and celebrate first-year achievements.
Ontario’s gaming agencies will open our day sharing their organization’s unique experiences and successes from the first year of Ontario’s regulated iGaming market.
- Martha Otton, Executive Director, iGaming Ontario
- Dave Phillips, Chief Operating Officer Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario
- David Pridmore, Chief Gaming Officer, Ontario Lottery & Gaming (OLG)
Using Technology to Set New Standards for Fair and Responsible Gaming
The responsible gaming (RG) standards in Ontario’s iGaming market are some of the most robust in North America. Our panel will discuss the requirements for operators to actively monitor players, assess risk, interact with players, and the technology and tools available to assist. Offering insight on what the industry has learned to date and how it can focus on future practices.
- Moderator: Shelley White, Responsible Gambling Council
- Brent McCurdy, Deputy COO, Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario
Advertising is a Shared Responsibility
The gaming industry, broadcasters, and professional sports leagues have a shared responsibility in promoting sports betting. Our panel will examine the work these sectors are undertaking to encourage responsible betting, the data on advertising metrics and volumes, and how stakeholders are working together to build a sustainable, cooperative ecosystem.
- Moderator: Catherine MacLeod, President & CEO, ThinkTV
- Dale Hooper, General Manager Canada, FanDuel
- Scott Woodgate, Vice President, Bet MGM
- David Thomson, Managing Director, NFL Canada
Guiding and Educating Customers in Ontario
Affiliates play an important role in helping guide and educate players. Given the ban on the public offering of bonuses and promotions, affiliates must find new ways to attract customers that don’t involve dollar figures, and customers have lots of questions about this newly regulated industry. This panel will discuss key learnings from other jurisdictions and offer opinions on what a “made in Ontario” framework could look like.
- Moderator: JD McNamara, Country Director, Better Collective
- Andrew Garven, Head of Marketing, Covers
- Nic Sulsky, COO, PointsBet Canada
Keynote Session: Ontario Industry Leaders on Ontario’s First Year
Join leaders from Ontario igaming operators as they look back on the first year of Ontario’s iGaming market: overall impressions, the Ontario consumer, and what it was like establishing a footprint in what is arguably North America’s most competitive market when so much is still evolving.
- Moderator: Jeff Harris, National Leader, Sport Business Advisory, Deloitte Canada
- Scott Vanderwel, CEO, PointsBet Canada
- Benjie Levy, Head of Penn Interactive & COO, theScore
Closing remarks will be delivered by Hon. Doug Downey, Attorney General of Ontario.
Event Date, Time & Location
- Tuesday April 4th
- 10:00AM – 5:00PM ET
- Toronto Board of Trade
- 100 Queen’s Quay East, 3rd Floor
- CGA Members $55.00
- Non-Members $95.00
- Government Agencies $55.00