1 day ago
May 25, 2021
Reading Time: < 1 minute
South Korea esports organisation T1 Entertainment & Sports (T1), better known for their League of Legends team T1, has inked a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Japanese professional baseball team Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS . As per the MoU, both the organisations will form a strategic alliance to collaborate in the esports industry.
The two companies will join hands in the following areas:
- Provide training for player development in League of Legends,
- Develop combined marketing programs utilising the respective esports teams,
- Enhance brand value through joint marketing,
- Develop joint initiatives for titles other than League of Legends
- Create new business strategies based on the new strategic alliance.
John Kim, COO of T1, said:
“Our MOU with SoftBank HAWKS gaming is a great opportunity for us to expand into various areas into the esports industry. We are looking forward to everything that will become fruitful from this endeavor,” said.
Hiroaki Ota, COO of SoftBank HAWKS, too sounded equally excited:
“We are very pleased to announce our alliance with T1, known as the three-time winner of the LoL World Championship. The organisation is also home to ‘Faker’ who is one of the best players in LoL and loved by fans around the world. We hope to learn the expertise in team management and player development to create a world-class esports team.”