The global disposable syringes market size is anticipated to reach USD 22.81 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand due to the increasing adoption of safety syringes, technological advancements, increasing demand for vaccines along with growing adoption of self-administration of drugs are supporting the market growth of disposable syringes.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- By product, safety syringes accounted for the largest market revenue share of 64.03% in 2021, due to its advantages being easy to use, and eliminating the risk of patient-to-patient transmission of infections.
- Based on the application, the therapeutic injection segment dominated the market with a market revenue share of 51.19% in 2021, owing to the increasing awareness of blood donation and the high prevalence of diseases such as HIV infection, tuberculosis malaria, and dengue in the developing and underdeveloped countries.
- The Asia Pacific dominated the disposable syringe market with the highest revenue share of 31.06% in 2021 due to the presence of a huge aging population base along with the prevalence of chronic diseases in the region.
- The market in the MEA is expected to witness the fastest growth rate at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.07% over the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the growing geriatric population, an increasing number of surgeries, and rising expenditure on healthcare.
Read 110-page market research report, “Disposable Syringes Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Conventional Syringes, Safety Syringes), By Application (Immunization Injections, Therapeutic Injections), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Disposable Syringes Market Growth & Trends
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a significant surge in demand for emergency supplies, medical disposables, medicines, and hospital equipment. As a result of COVID-19, there has been an increase in the production of COVID-19 vaccines, resulted in rise in demand for disposable syringes. In January 2020, in the U.S alone, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) projected that 650 million to 850 million needles and syringes would be required to administer a vaccination. This in turn, positively impacted the market growth and is estimated to continue to be a growth driver. Moving forward, organizations like United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) aimed to purchase 1 billion syringes by the end of 2021 for COVID-19 vaccination operations in COVAX Facility nations. The syringes will all be of the auto-disable (AD) type, as permitted by the World Health Organization, notwithstanding the fact that the vaccines secured by the Facility may vary in their composition and storage needs. As a result, market growth is expected to accelerate in the near future.
Disposable Syringes Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global disposable syringes market based on product, application, and region:
Disposable Syringes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Conventional Syringes
- Safety Syringes
- Retractable Safety Syringes
- Non-retractable Safety Syringes
Disposable Syringes Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Immunization Injections
- Therapeutic Injections
Disposable Syringes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Disposable Syringes Market
- Medtronic (Covidien)
- Nipro Corporation
- Fresenius Kabi
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Terumo Corporation
- Flextronics International Vita Needle Company
- Novo Nordisk
- UltiMed, Inc.
- Henke-Sass Wolf
- Retractable Technologies
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Medical Disposables Market – The global medical disposables market size is expected to reach USD 1086.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 16.7% from 2021 to 2028. Rising incidence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), impact of COVID-19 outbreak, and increasing number of surgical procedures are the key factors driving the market for medical disposables.
- Disposable Endoscopes Market – The global disposable endoscopes market size is expected to reach USD 7.3 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 17.0% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for single-use endoscopes to eliminate the risk associated with reusable endoscopic devices is one of the major factors driving the market growth.
- Disposable Blood Pressure Cuffs Market – The global disposable blood pressure cuffs market size is expected to reach USD 356.8 million by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is driven by the growing adoption of disposable BP cuffs by healthcare professionals to avoid the risk of cross-contamination.