The global polyphenols market size is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2030, as per the new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 7.4% over the forecast period. Polyphenols are micronutrients and phytochemicals with antioxidant properties. These products are beneficial for health as they help cure many diseases like cancer, diabetes, neurodegenerative condition, and aging & skin-related problems.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- In terms of volume Asia Pacific had the highest regional share in 2021 and is anticipated to grow at CAGR of 8.2% due to increase in awareness about nutritional enrichment among consumers.
- Consumption of Green Tea is beneficial for health related issue such as high cholesterol, cancer, and atherosclerosis.
- Functional food accounted for highest revenue share of 34.6% in 2021, due to its advantages on human body such as improved gut health and reduced intestinal inflammation.
- Functional Beverages application dominated the industry with 32.7% revenue share as they provide overall nutrition and well-being to consumers. It was valued at USD 448.8 million in 2021.
- The key players in polyphenols industry include ADM, Naturex SA, Ajinomoto and Others. These companies dominate the market with their extensive presence throughout the value chain.
Read 123-page market research report, “Polyphenols Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Grape Seed, Green Tea, Peach), By Application (Functional Foods Functional Beverages), By Region (Europe, APAC, North America), And By Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Polyphenols Market Growth & Trends
The product extracted from grape seeds has antioxidant properties, which play a significant role in beauty products and nutritional skin supplements. The rising awareness about the benefits of herbal products over synthetic drugs, coupled with an increasing demand for anti-aging products, is expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), grape seed is more effective than chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer. Thus, grape seed extract is anticipated to have high demand, on account of growing consumption in the food & beverage, cosmetics, and healthcare industries. The functional food & beverages segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021. Functional foods and beverages are enriched with functional nutrients to the basic nutritional values. With the increase in awareness about the benefits of maintaining good health, the consumption of healthy foods is increasing. This, in turn, is indirectly driving the product demand, thereby boosting the market growth.
Polyphenols Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global polyphenols market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Polyphenols Market – Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Grape Seed
- Green Tea
- Cocoa & Coffee Beans
Polyphenols Market – Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Functional Beverages
- Functional Foods
- Dietary Supplements
- Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Animal Feed
Polyphenols Market – Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Polyphenols Market
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Naturex SA
- Diana Foods
- Indena S.p.A
- Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
- Chr. Hansen Holdings A/S
- Barry Callebaut
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Tea Polyphenols Market – Global tea polyphenol market size was estimated at USD 209.3 million in 2012 and the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% over the forecast period. Rising consumer awareness regarding the various advantages of the ingredient coupled with increasing health consciousness of consumers are key factors driving the market.
- Formaldehyde Market – The global formaldehyde market size is expected to reach USD 12.21 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2021 to 2028. The growth can be attributed to the increasing construction activities across the world.
- Flow Chemistry Market – The global flow chemistry market size is projected to be valued at USD 2.9 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to register a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period. Lower operating costs of the technology coupled with eco-friendliness is projected to boost the growth.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Organic Chemicals Industry Research Reports.